OCR SDK Knowledge Base
Invalid serial number for developer installation
The "Invalid serial number for developer installation. Please see the Distribution section in the ABBYY FineReader Engine Help File." error message appears.
ABBYY FineReader Engine has two types of licenses:
- Developer License is used during development. You cannot distribute your program with this license.
- Runtime License is used in copies of a finished application that are distributed to end users. This type of license does not permit the compilation of code that uses FR Engine.
There are two installation types, one for each type of license:
- Developer installation is performed by double-clicking setup.exe or ABBYY FineReader Engine X.msi.
- Runtime installation is performed by entering a command-line command with specific options or by carrying out file operations manually. The details can be found in Help > Distribution > Installing the Library.
If you try to install FR Engine with the runtime license by clicking setup.exe or ABBYY FineReader Engine X.msi, the Invalid serial number for developer installation error message appears.
- If you want to perform the runtime installation, follow the instructions in Help > Distribution > Installing the Library.
- If you want to perform the developer installation, use the serial number of the Developer License instead of the Runtime one.
Related Forum Questions
Hi All, We have installed both the Runtime and Development licenses in a Machine and activated the...
I'm trying to start application wrote on different machine with runtime license in anther...
More related questions on Forum